Friday, March 31, 2017

Low Carb Loose Bacon Cheeseburger recipe!

I've been living the low carb lifestyle again for the last couple of years. One of the difficulties with this lifestyle is variety. I eat a lot of omelets, a lot of grilled and broiled chicken, lots of leafy and green vegetables (with butter!). Some snacks include: fried pork rinds with ranch for dipping, nuts. I also found a great cereal recipe: (1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup full fat cottage cheese, handful of blueberries, and 4 small-medium strawberries sliced up, mix together and enjoy!).

But variety becomes an issue. Meals and snacks get monotonous. Drinking only water, unsweet iced and hot tea, and black coffee (occasionally a small glass of whole milk) get tiresome.

So I came up with my own low carb recipe! And the possibilities are endless due to the great number of toppings you can add. I have to admit I got the idea from a trip I made for business to Fargo, ND. That's right, I said Fargo. In Fargo there is a restaurant called the Spitfire Grill. They have a bacon cheeseburger chips appetizer that is to kill for. And other than the potato chips, it is low carb. So I started my own version without the chips. Here is the recipe:

- 1 lb hamburger (and ground beef will do, I use ground venison however)
-1 or 2 tablespoon Kerrygold grass fed butter
- McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning (to taste)
- Lawry's Seasoning Salt (to taste)
- Dill pickle chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked bacon (2-4 slices, broken up)
- Mustard

(Optionally: Chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded lettuce)

Directions: Brown hamburger in pan with butter, adding seasoning as it cooks, to taste. Once brown add cheddar cheese while still in pan (to melt it). Transfer to serving bowl. Top with pickles (I like to chop them), bacon, and add mustard (to taste). Use fork to eat and enjoy! (I like to mix mine up, but you can eat it anyway you like.) Feel free add any optional toppings like tomatoes, lettuce and onion!

Low carb, quick and easy, and oh so delicious. Like a bunless loose cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget