Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Acai: The Super Fruit and A Healthy Replacement For Red Bull

Doing research for health and diet I stumbled across information related to acai. It is a berry grown in South America and in recent years has been lauded for its health benefits. Loaded with energy, antioxidants, and nutrients, this berry has supplanted blueberry as the premier fruit or vegetable.

I had started taking an acai supplement in pill form. I had even found a fairly inexpensive acai juice (Genesis Today). A buddy of mine approached me about a new business venture he had embarked on: Mona Vie.

It is a company that has a line of products based on acai and he has become an independent distributor for them. The price of their acai based fruit juice, which is really good for you and high quality, was a little steep. Though people that use their juice products really rave about them.

What really caught my eye was their energy drink: Emv. All natural, no added sugar or caffeine. No taurine. It is a healthy replacement for Red Bull. A little more expensive than Red Bull, it is worth it because it is good for you and provides a natural energy boost without the crash that you get from caffeine and sugar.

You can't buy it in stores, but you can order by the case here: Emv Distributor That link also has all the information you might want related to Mona Vie's products.

I have been using Emv for about a week and a half now. It tastes great, gives me an energy boost, and has healthful benefits that other energy drinks can't claim. It is 80% fruit juice! Give it a try.

(Note: I receive no compensation for this entry and am in no way affiliated with Mona Vie nor its distributors. I simply believe in this product and wanted to share with the readers of this blog.)

5 comments:

  1. I think acai is taking over as the new "it" fruit. It used to be pomegranate, right? I'll look for acai in Trader Joe's next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't have much yet. I checked a few weeks ago. And read the label. Sometimes they try to pass of acai stuff without much (or any) acai in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you're right. I checked over the weekend. Not much to choose from, although their strawberries looked wonderful. How do you feel about organic vs. nonorganic produce? I usually try to go organic for produce, but hope I'm not overpaying for nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organic is not worth it. Just my opinion. I used to be big on organic until I read John Stossel's book "Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity". He deals with organic food and what he talks about and highlights just clicked for me.

    The general theme: most food problems come from organic sources: E. Coli, Salmonella, etc. Nothing to do with chemical fertilizers. Therefore non-organic is actually safer than organic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, LoneWolf. Appreciate the info. Organic is probably just me being paranoid. And I have a lot of respect for John Stossel's work.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget